From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] SELinux support Reiserfs?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:28:51
Ben Maynard wrote:

>Hi Chris > >If I recall correctly reiserfs isn't support since it doesn't support >extended attributes or the namespace extensions that selinux requires. >It has been a few months since I dealt with SELinux though so there may >be patches available now. > >HTH > >Ben >
Thanks Ben, The kernel shows reiserfs as having some extended attribute support, but I wasn't sure if it was everything that SELinux needed. <*> Reiserfs support [*] ReiserFS extended attributes [*] ReiserFS POSIX Access Control Lists [*] ReiserFS Security Labels CONFIG_REISERFS_FS_SECURITY: Security labels support alternative access control models implemented by security modules like SELinux. This option enables an extended attribute handler for file security labels in the ReiserFS filesystem. I guess I'll stick have to research more or go ext3. Cheers, Chris -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list