From: Joseph Pingenot <trelane@××××××××××.net>
To: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
Cc: John Chronister <chron@××××××.cz>, gentoo-security@l.g.o, gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] propolice on amd64
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 06:00:36
1 >From Ned Ludd on Wednesday, 21 January, 2004:
2 >For now on 2.6.x you can use the PaX patch.
3 >http://pax.grsecurity.net/pax-linux-2.6.1-200401091905.patch
4 >GrSecurity wont exist for 2.6 for a while, so I put together a basic
5 >patch to add after adding the pax patch which adds some of the basic
6 >features needed from grsec http://openpax.net. In it's current state
7 >it's far from a complete security solution like grsecurity is.
8 >However a significant number of people have shown interest in it and
9 >helping with development so chances are it will turn into a maintained
10 >project longer term.
11
12 Yay! That'd rock.
13
14 Wish I could contribute, but I'm full up. :(
15
16 -Joseph
17