From: "Brian G. Peterson" <brian@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Re: [gentoo-hardened] Securing dhcpcd (client)
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 19:12:14
1 On Monday 09 October 2006 13:37, 7v5w7go9ub0o wrote:
2 > Given my lack of expertise, I'll work on a patch later, and in the
3 > short   term I'll automate the momentary use of the dhcpcd client in a
4 > hardened jail to negotiate a connection; then record that information;
5 > then terminate dhcpcd; then use the recorded info and ifconfig or
6 > iproute2 to create a direct connection. A script or little C program.
7
8 Why not just use one of the other clients?
9
10 pump drops privs
11
12 udhcp drops privs
13
14 it looks like dhclient can be configured to drop privs
15
16 Why go throught the trouble to use dhcpcd?
17
18 Regards,
19
20 - Brian