From: Calum <caluml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Days of yore
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:17:34
On 4/16/07, Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o> wrote:
> Lots of "me toos" on this list....
At least that means it's not just a bugbear of mine....
> anyone who's also willing to put > their time where their mouth is and help out with GLSA wrangling? > That's been a chronic problem with the Gentoo Security team. Lots of > people want security notifications, but not nearly as many people are > willing to help make that happen.
But the infrastructure is already in place for GLSA's. It was working like that, it was removed (with no notice that I noticed, which left me insecure for quite a while before I wondered "why haven't there been any kernel GLSAs for a while" and asked on the list), and some KISS idea was proposed. There's no need to to anything different - just to include *-sources in the GLSAs. If it's not broken.... -- http://linuxvps.org/ -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list