From: Christoph Jasinski <Krzysiek@×××.net>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] No GLSA since January?!?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:44:46
1 Dear Christian
2
3 Everything is secure. No reason to write GLSAs or to panic. ;)
6 Chris
7
8 Am 26.08.2011 um 18:12 schrieb Christian Kauhaus:
9
10 > Hi,
11 >
12 > I'm wondering that may favorite Linux distro hasn't had any security announcements since January. In my opinion this is really problematic. At our company we try to convince prospective customers to host their applications on our Gentoo servers. When asked about security incident handling, I have to say: "They state 'Security is a primary focus' on their website, but they don't inform their users." Not very convincing.
13 >
14 > So what is the roadblock that hinders GLSA creation? Is there any way to get the GLSAs into working order again?
15 >
16 > Regards
17 >
18 > Christian
19 >
20 > --
21 > Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus <>< · kc@××××××.com · systems administration
22 > gocept gmbh & co. kg · forsterstraße 29 · 06112 halle (saale) · germany
23 > http://gocept.com · tel +49 345 1229889 11 · fax +49 345 1229889 1
24 > Zope and Plone consulting and development