From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] iptables window of opportunity at startup
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 12:38:30
Hi!

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006, Jon Mitchell wrote:
> How do you control the order that programs are shutdown in gentoo?
Using the depend() subroutine in the init script. My /etc/init.d/iptables contains this: depend() { before net use logger } Which *should* make iptables start before net.* (maybe except net.lo). And sure enough, the boot sequence is: dns-domain net.lo random hdparm metalog acpid alsa gpm iptables net.eth0 portmap nfs sshd So I don't exactly saee the problem - I haven't tweaked any of the relevant scripts... Rgards, Tobias -- You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. -- gentoo-security@g.o mailing list