From: Matt Brown <mattbrown.lists@××××××××.net>
To: poohsuntzu@×××××××.net, "gentoo-security@l.g.o" <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:53:41
1 On Tuesday 06 January 2004 09:27 am, Pooh Sun Tzu wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 > I have been with gentoo for about 3 months now, but only recently
4 > decided I needed a firewall. Don't ask, as I still feel simply not
5 > having ports open is just as good as a firewall that blocks them.
6 > Regardless, I would love your suggestions on firewalls avalaible for
7 > Gentoo. Also, if you could provide a brief explaination instead of just
8 > a name, that would make my day much easier. Thanks!
9
10 emerge net-firewall/shorewall
11
12 "Shorewall is high-level tool for configuring Netfilter" (iptables). The
13 configuration files for shorewall are much easier to understand and edit than
14 dealing with iptables rules directly. This is a really nice tool and I highly
15 recommend it.
16
17 http://www.shorewall.net
20 Matt Brown