From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] org-x11 GLSA 200509-07. Is bug #96053 fixed in -r3? (black icons)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:46:48
1 Its broken for those who use openoffice and numerous other applications
2 that use the transparency option. In OO, most of the icons have a black
3 background, and some slides in the presentation client are also affected
4 for me. As I use my gentoo laptop to give presentations its a show
5 stopper. (When I first loaded it up, it looked OK, but then when I
6 loaded the presentation in public it became "what OS is that - god its
7 ugly ..., why dont you use ..." - nothing like a public fiasco to drive
8 home gentoo's shortcomings :( )
9
10 Ive fixed it for my self (as Ive previously described), but what about
11 the new or average user which is why I originally brought it up? My
12 needs are covered, its "gentoo" itself that I think is being
13 shortchanged.
14
15 In any case, this is getting even further off-topic for the security
16 list. Check the bug.
17
18 BillK
19