From: xyon <xyon@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Advice about security solution
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 22:36:23
1 just curious, by why not use 'net-www/mod_auth_mysql' and store your
2 users in a MySQL DB?
6 On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 22:10 +0100, Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
7 > On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 09:19:38PM +0200, unaos wrote:
8 > > > Hmm.. any good guides or pointers to get Apache, MySQL, Postfix,
9 > > > Courier-imap, rsyncd, ventrilo, cs-server, zope and so on to run in
10 > > recommends mod_chroot for Apache.
11 >
12 > I have tried using mod_chroot just earlier today, but ran into trouble
13 > because I use mod_auth_pam, which of course does not work correctly
14 > inside a chrooted env. I am thinking about going all out and putting my
15 > users in an LDAP directory, which would make it possible to put Apache
16 > and other services in chroots since auth etc. would consist of
17 > connecting to the LDAP daemon and not of asking PAM to look into
18 > /etc/shadow.
19 >
20 > --
21 > Anders