From: Edward Faulkner <edward@×××.EDU>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] firewall suggestions?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:22:51
1 DROP will add about 3 minutes to the total cost of the scan, because
2 you need to wait for timeout. This is the slowdown you're seeing.
3 However, during those three minutes you can scan 1, 10, or 10000
4 machines, and it will still take only three minutes.
5
6 To actually do this you'd probably need to increase nmap's
7 --max-parallelism parameter.