From: Lesley van Zijl <zyl@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-security List <gentoo-security@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-security] grsecurity + usermode Linux + skas ?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:17:25
1 I want to play around with usermode linux, So I am reading the docs and
2 patching the kernels etc.
3 But I noticed that I couldn't patch the grsec-sources with the skas
4 patch(1), the skas patch isn't that long (about 570 lines)
5 so I thought maybe I can look into the patch and see what is going wrong
6 and adjust the patch so that it is able to patch my kernel tree.
7 But since it's 'the kernel' I am pretty afraid that I would do something
8 really stupid :)
9
10 I only use the kernel options for grsec, not (yet) any acl's.
11
12 Does anyone have any experience with this or can anyone tell me what I
13 can break or just tell me to stay away from it because it isn't going to
14 help
15 security in any way.
16 My idea was to apply grsec on both the uml kernel and on my host kernel,
17 but first the host
18
19 The files that fail are:
20 mm/mprotect.c