From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Running untrusted software
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:34:18
1 On Wednesday 18 January 2006 08:58 am, Douglas Breault Jr wrote:
2 > I am being forced to run software on my computer that I do not
3 > inherently trust. It is supposed to collect a few pieces of information,
4 > mainly my mac addresses and use the network. It is a one-time use CSA
5 > (client security agent). It uses a csh script to unpack a "proprietary
6 > binary" that we cannot see the source. There is no assurance it doesn't
7 > collect other information or change anything on my computer.
8 I forgot to mention:
9 * dev-util/fenris
10 Latest version available: 0.07m-r2
11 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
12 Size of downloaded files: 1,058 kB
13 Homepage: http://razor.bindview.com/tools/fenris/
15 decompiler and much more
16 License: GPL-2