From: Ochal Christophe <ochal@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-security@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-security] Using a gentoo box to cache windows updates & mac updates
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 08:48:21
1 Ben Koren schreef:
2 > I don't have a script on hand to show you as an example, but I had a
3 > small script for doing the windows updates. Basically, I went through
4 > and downloaded all of the updates manually (the kb****** executables
5 > from MS). Then I threw them all in a a folder on a flash drive and had a
6 > small script execute them one by one - so for each client's machine I
7 > would stick in my flash drive and run the update script. Obviously, new
8 > KB's are bound to come out, so I usually ran Windows Update after that,
9 > but it still saved a load on bandwidht. I don't have a solution for the
10 > Mac updates. Hope this helps!
11
12 That's one possibility, but rather clumsy, and i'd have to rely on my
13 collegue's to help keep the local repository on the media up to date,
14 knowing some of my collegue's, i don't see that happen ;)
15
16 Squid sofar seems the best route to follow
17 --
18 gentoo-security@g.o mailing list