From: Bill Johnstone <beejstone3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Practical user management with OpenLDAP?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:33:24
1 Under Gentoo, when using OpenLDAP and the pam_ldap and nss_ldap suite
2 for user authorization and nameservices, what is the
3 accepted/recommended solution for user account management? I'm
4 referring specifically to native programs at the command-line, and
5 equivalent to the standard shadow suite tools, not something like
6 phpldapadmin.
7
8 I've noticed that typical programs such as chsh or chfn have PAM config
9 files -- can PAM tricks be used to make them work with the fields
10 accessible via nss_ldap?
11
12 Also, there do seem to be packages listed in the database, such as
13 "cpu" and "diradm" that augment or replace the standard shadow suite to
14 deal with the data via LDAP. However, none of these are marked as
15 available on amd64. Why is that, and is there any way I can request or
16 help with the packages being made available and tested on amd64?
17
18 Thanks.
23 Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
24 http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
27 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list