From: "Witschel
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Boot installation system from network
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:52:34
1 Hi there!
2
3 I'm in need of a network based installation for Gentoo servers. I tried to get the 2006.0 universal Installation CD booted via PXE/TFTP with nfsroot, but did not succeed :-(
4
5 Here is what i tried so far:
6
7 I put kernel and initrd from th CD image to my tftpserver and created an entry in the pxeconfig file:
8
9 label gentoo_64
10 kernel gentoo64.d/boot/gentoo64
11 append initrd=gentoo64.d/boot/gentoo64.igz root=/dev/nfs ip=dhcp nfsroot=10.200.3.112:/srv/tftpboot/gentoo64.d init=/linuxrc dokeymap vga=791 splash=silent,theme:livecd-2006.0 CONSOLE=/dev/tty1 quiet
12
13 At this point I tried to get at leas the Kernel and it worked. I got the kernel and initrd loaded and running.
14
15 The i took all the content from image.sqaushfs and put it into the gentoo64.d directory.
16
17 Well, and thats where i ended frustrated. After booting the kernel, neither any dhcp request is logged nore is there any attempt to mount the nfsroot.
18
19 Please help! Anybody got something like that running or can point me to my failure?
22 With kind regards,
23
24 Matthias Witschel
25