From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: gs-sources - gone!?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:21:37
1 Daniel Drake wrote:
2 > Our default supported kernels are still 2.4 based and these are still
3 > maintained. We plan to make 2.6 the default in time for the 2005.0
4 > release and will encourage existing users to switch at the same time.
5
6 Hmm, perhaps I spoke too much :)
7 What I meant by the above is that by 2005.0 we hope to have gentoo-dev-sources
8 merged into gentoo-sources and provide both 2.4 and 2.6 ebuilds under the same
9 package. 2.6 will be the default here.
10
11 But, I don't know what the hardened guys will do. They may well choose to keep
12 2.4 default for the moment. Best thing is to ask, I'm doing a very bad job of
13 answering for them :)
14
15 Daniel