From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] what is the best filesystem for a server
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:10:26
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Sat, 24 May 2008, Michelangelo wrote:
3 >
4 >> Besides, RAID 5 is not always a good choice: I got 2 adaptec and 3ware
5 >> cards
6 >> that got them bioses/nvram messed up thanks to power spikes during the
7 >> big
8 >> italian blackout back in 2003. And yes, they were behind online APC ups
9 >
10 > We use RAID 1 but generally our servers are located in a data center. We
11 > survived the big New York blackout a few years back plus several other
12 > power problems in the datacenter. Our 3Ware and Adaptec RAID cards were
13 > unaffected by any of these outages.
14
15 One thing people often forget is that the write cache on your disks need
16 to either have a battery backup like your RAID card or be turned off.
17
18 kashani
19 --
20 gentoo-server@l.g.o mailing list