From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: E.Proper@×××××.nl
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] network install
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:22:59
1 Andrew,
2
3 Andrew Fant wrote:
4 > It may be overkill for you, but I've had good luck using systemimager to
5 > push gentoo installs around.
6
7 I AM definitly interested :-)
8 I'm currently working on two large projects, one involving a software
9 development lab with a reasonable amount of servers.
10
11 The other is a centre for Open Source Software in Eastern Africa, linked
12 to a university with a lot of linux desktop clients.
13
14 Both need something like systemimager.
15 Ik had a quick browse through their website and found it very
16 interesting. Mind sharing some of your experiences ?
17
18 It's not in portage, did you install from source or rpm ?
19 The manual mentions that the tool configures itself at buildtime and
20 downloads additional modules. Do you know if it's possible to download
21 beforehand ? (Internet connections in eastern africa are not exactly
22 superbe)
23
24 Thanx,
25