From: Wendall Cada <wendallc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] PEAR XML_RPC
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:05:41
1 I know everyone is aware of the xml_rpc exploit by now. Because of the
2 many recent changes in PEAR, many of you may not have an updated version
3 of XML_RPC in your current working PEAR, even if you did as the GLSA
4 suggests.
5
6 Please make sure you are updated by running the following command.
7
8 # pear upgrade XML_RPC
9
10 Also, some php applications include their own PEAR libs, in this case,
11 you will want to overwrite the XML directory and XML.php with a current
12 version.
13
14 Stuart has said this patch has caused some breakage in certain apps. I'm
15 not certain of the details, but be sure to check all the functionality
16 of your apps.
17
18 Wendall
21 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list