From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: Stanley Brinkerhoff <stan@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Pure-initramfs boot
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 01:41:09
1 (Cc: list for posterity)
2
3 Nice, thanks!
4
5 I should have waited to send the message - I made a /init that exec's
6 /sbin/init (maybe I can just symlink them?), removed any auto lines from
7 /etc/fstab, and it worked like a charm.
8
9 This is flippin' sweet. I can netboot into a re-imager, netboot into a
10 rescue system, netboot into a BIOS updater (if I dare), netboot into a
11 security thingie, or netboot a diskless webhead, just by changing a symlink
12 and rebooting the target system (with IPMI if necessary).
13
14 Thanks for the pointer to ThinStation, by the way, that looks really
15 instructional, a cool project, and maybe useful at home.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Peter
19