From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Binary packages ideia
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:20:21
1 José Costa said:
2 > I'm trying to get a machine to compile a lot of binary packages to my
3 > network and I can't figure out how to separate the same binary
4 > packages with different use flags and I came up with some ideas and I
5 > wanted to check with everyone if this is ok/nice/cool/forget.
6 >
7 > When we create binary packages they get the ${pkg}.tbz2 and they can
8 > be overlapped by the same binary package with different use flags.
9 >
10 > How about using ${pkg}-${profile}.tbz2 and using the profiles to mark
11 > them different?
12
13 It is much easier to have your build systems build for just one profile,
14 and use separate environments for different profiles. This doesn't require
15 the builds to happen on different systems, I just use different chroot'ed
16 environments for this (I first hoped to use UserMode Linux for this, but
17 the additional overhead is too large).
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen
23 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list