From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: AW: [gentoo-server] Wanted: Gentoo Enterprise Server success stories
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:44:04
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Hello,
5
6 sorry to interrupt this thread, but this probably means, you did not
7 perform any kernel updates on that machine for over two years and
8 therefore the system is vulnarable to some kernel bugs which where
9 discovered during this time. On a DNS machine a privilege escalation bug
10 is even more severe. I strongly recommend to secure this machine.
11
12 Regards,
13 Norman