From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Remotely upgrading kernel: replacing devfs with udev
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:15:36
1 For the record, if you ever need more numbers,you can find the list in
2 /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt
3
4 Also, I've a couple times been tricked trying to figure out what I've
5 done in repairing missing /dev files, when in fact nothing's wrong.
6 That message is written permanently to your /etc/motd, and won't go
7 away on its own when you fix your system. I think it says something
8 about removing the message when you're done, but who actually pays
9 attention to such things? :)
10
11 P
12