From: "Andrew D. Fant" <andrew.fant@×××××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Grub over serial ports at high speeds
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:45:09
1 Ewald Wasscher wrote:
2 > Hello Andy,
3 >
4 > Personally I'd install a Dell Remote Access Card (DRAC card) in the machine. It gives you KVM, hardware reset and more.
5 > It costs a little, but I imagine that you can afford it if you can afford buying such a server :-)
6 >
7 > Ewald
10 Ewald,
11
12 We have one installed, but the software to drive it hasn't been particularly
13 willing to be installed under Gentoo. Needless to say, Dell has been less than
14 concerned about this.
17 Andrew Fant | The lion and the calf shall lie | Disclaimer:
18 andrew.fant@×××××.edu | down together, but the calf won't | Do you REALLY
19 UIT/USG | get much sleep. | think I can
20 Tufts University | W. Allen | speak for Tufts?
21 --
22 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list