From: Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Centralized Gentoo (build -> push/pull) to multiple architectures
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:51:58
1 On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 10:25:06AM -0500, Robert Larson wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I was wondering if anyone has information on a good method to centrally build
5 > and push packages out to machines with Gentoo. I have multiple machines
6 > setup under multiple processor types, and up until now I have been executing
7 > upgrades on the machines themselves. Since these are production machines, I
8 > would like to set up another machine that acts as a compile/install machine.
9 >
10 > This might be compareable to a "gold server", as described at
11 > infrastructures.org. I don't suppose I could get around this using distcc?
12 >
13 > Configuration management is another issue. As it is, I have cfengine setup,
14 > though it is not setup to work with portage and I can't really see these two
15 > coming together nicely. Maybe I could create a patch for dispatch-conf...
16 >
17 > Mind you, I have no idea on where to even start on something like this, so any
18 > thoughts, ideas, or information would be helpful.
19 >
20 > Thanks!
21 >
22 > Robert
23 > --
24 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
27 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.sysadmin/65
30 Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o> .*.
31 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Developer V
32 ( )
33 GPG-Key 0x864C9B9E http://dev.gentoo.org/~lcars/pubkey.asc ( )
34 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E ^^_^^
35 "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"
36 --
37 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list