From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ldap multiple dc rootdn?
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:15:13
1 Paul Kölle wrote:
2
3 >Again, this is NOT a successful search, there are no results.
7 Interesting, I thought it was successful because it didnt fail, and
8 naturally there *is* nothing in my database because I can't even create
9 the base dn..
10
11 > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
14 >>From your ldapadd line, I assume you have in slapd.conf:
15 >
16 >database bdb
17 >suffix dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
20 yes, exactly
21
22 >The thing you probably missed: You don't need to and you are not allowed
23 >to add entries *below* the "suffix" from slapd.conf as it could be
24 >another suffix. If you try to add something like: "dn: dc=net,dc=au"
25 >slapd searches for *immediate parents* (here: dc=au) to that entry,
26 >either in the directory or for a "suffix" line in slapd.conf (remember,
27 >its a tree). If it couldn't find one you get the "no global superior
28 >knowledge" error or an "already exists" if the enty is already there.
31 ok
32
33 >Solution:
34 >
35 >ldif
36 >
37 >dn: dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
38 >dc=domain
39 >objectClass: top
40 >objectClass: dcObject
41 >objectClass: domain
42 >objectClass: domainRelatedObject
43 >associatedDomain: domain.net.au
44 >
45 >dn: ou=users,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
46 >ou: users
47 >objectClass: top
48 >objectClass: organizationalUnit
49 >objectClass: domainRelatedObject
50 >associatedDomain: domain.net.au
51 >
52 >end ldif
55 this gives me:
56
57 cephas ~ # ldapadd -D "cn=manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -W -f base.ldif -x
58 Enter LDAP Password:
59 ldapadd: invalid format (line 2) entry: "dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au"
60
61 >slapd.conf
62 >
63 >database bdb
64 >suffix dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
65 >rootdn cn=manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
66 >rootpw not24get
67 >
68 >directory /var/lib/openldap-data
69 >index objectClass eq
70 >
71 >end slapd.conf
74 I copied what you suggested and started slapd. see error above.
75
76 >of course this is just the configuration for that backend, you'll need
77 >more info in slapd.conf for your server to run properly.
80 >cheers
81 > Paul
84 any ideas? I don't want to make this a huge email, but here are my
85 relavant configs:
86
87 *cephas ~ # sed -e 's/#.*//;/^\s*$/d' "$@" /etc/openldap/slapd.conf*
88 include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
89 include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
90 include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
91 include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
92 TLSCertificateFile /etc/ssl/ldap.pem
93 TLSCertificateKeyFile /etc/openldap/ssl/ldap.pem
94 TLSCACertificateFile /etc/ssl/ldap.pem
95 pidfile /var/run/openldap/slapd.pid
96 argsfile /var/run/openldap/slapd.args
97 database bdb
98 suffix dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
99 rootdn cn=manager,dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
100 rootpw not24get
101 directory /var/lib/openldap-data
102 index objectClass eq
103