From: "Paul Kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable portage tree
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 13:12:32
1 Jan Meier wrote:
2 > I would be willing to start such a stable tree, I am thinking of taking a
3 > current portage tree, delete all ~arch ebuilds and create an overlay. Every
4 > time a security announcement is fired up I will add the newer ebuild to the
5 > overlay, checking for any really needed depencies.
6
7 ~arch doesn't hurt, so the main difference to glsa-check+standard tree
8 would be old ebuilds not being deleted right? AFAIK that can be done by
9 removing the --delete and --delete-after flag from PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS in
10 /etc/make.conf (dunno if thats "supported" though).
11
12 cheers
13 Paul
14 --