From: rdmurray@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] new 2006.1/server profile
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:33:38
1 On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 at 08:52, Jonathan Nichols wrote:
2 >> > Apparently I'm in that first category or I've just been doing it too
3 >> Well, lowest common denominator would be an idea. On servers, I always do
4 >> -* anyway, so profiles that change a few use-flags don't really
5 >
6 > Same here. So before I go and use that new profile, what exactly should I be
7 > aware of? It changes my make.conf and adds new USE settings? That's it?
8
9 Well, it doesn't _change_ make.conf, it just has a different list of
10 default USE flags than the desktop profile does (a much smaller one).
11
12 Be aware also that emerge is going to warn you on every build that it is an
13 unsupported profile. It's probably less annoying to stick with -* :)
14
15 --David
16 --
17 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list