From: "Frank Nørvig" <frank.norvig@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: backup and crontab problem
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:33:53
1 Rob Baxter wrote:
2 > Just to rule out the obvious here, does the user you're running the
3 > cronjob as have permissions to read /dev/nst0 ? I only ask because
4 > alsmot everything in /dev is owned by root.
5
6 :) A qualified question but yes - the cronjob is created and is running
7 as root.
8
9 > Could you post the cron line
10 > you're using as well?
11
12 0 1 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/perl /opt/backup/cron-backup.pl
13
14 > btw, tar -F implies -M, it doesn't need to be stated twice. (ps, i am
15 > fairly new to linux) =)
16
17 You're right, but I feel safer doing both ;)
18
19 Frank