From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SSH, updates and serial port switches
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:31:21
1 John Barton wrote:
4 >>> linked to SSH terminating the connection after running some updates.
5 >>> So, I wanted to get some advice on how you all handle keeping control
6 >>> of your remote Gentoo servers, and for instance how to keep SSH
7 >>> running at all costs.
10 > There is a program out there that handles this very well, called monit
11 > (http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/)
12 > You can run this program out of /etc/inittab so that it is always
13 > running, and it will make sure that your ssh daemon gets restarted if
14 > something happens. I run monit on every server I have in production.
15 > Hope this helps..
16
17 I don't think that will work in this case. The master SSH daemon doesn't die. It
18 is the new ones that are launched when a connection is made that are looking for
19 old libraries that causes the problem, AFAIK.
22 Andrew Gaffney
23 Gentoo Linux Developer
24 Installer Project