From: xyon <xyon@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] PHP4 update problem
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:38:43
1 On Fri, March 24, 2006 11:24, Craig Webster wrote:
2 > On 24 Mar 2006, at 16:09, xyon wrote:
3 >> this may be a dumb question, but what if you are running apache1? Does
4 >> using apache2 use flag for php install mod_php for both types of
5 >> apache?
6 >
7 > To install mod_php for Apache 1 try using the "apache" use flag
8 > instead of the "apache2" use flag. I believe this method is (or will
9 > be) used for all Apache modules that can be built for both versions
10 > of Apache.
11 >
12 > To find out more about which use flags do what for dev-lang/php check
13 > out http://gentoo-portage.com/dev-lang/php/USE (scroll down to below
14 > the version list).
15 >
16 > Cheers,
17 > Craig
18 > --
19 > Craig Webster | t: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | e: craig@××××××.net
20 > Xeriom.NET | f: +44 (0)131 661 0689 | w: http://xeriom.net
21 > --
22 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
26 THANKS... after I sent that email, I poked into the docs and saw the
27 suggestion to use "apache" in USE.
28
29 Am following them now to get the new version of php going.. :D
32 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list