From: Matthias Bethke <matthias@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] how to route outgoing emails through a specific network card or ip
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 11:17:05
1 Hi widyachacra,
2 on Thursday, 2007-05-17 at 16:15:29, you wrote:
3 > we have two internet links. one is a leased line other one is an ADSL
4 > broadband line. now i need to route our outgoing emails through the ADSL
5 > broadband line. how can i do that?
6
7 Can you use your DSL provider's mail server as a "smarthost"? If so,
8 regular routing should take care of it as it will be less hops to that
9 host via the DSL interface. Or you could set up an explicit route to it.
10 If not...well, I've never done it, but how about blocking outgoing
11 connections to port 25 on the leased-line interface using iptables? Not
12 the cleanest solution but it should work for now---there's certainly a
13 better one if you know qmail well, which I don't.
14
15 cheers!
16 Matthias
17 --
18 I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
19 Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0 8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665