From: Mikey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: mailserver setup of choice?
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:58:38
1 Jean Blignaut wrote:
2
3 > I was wondering what your opinions are on the best mailserver setup to
4 > use?
5
6 I prefer sendmail/cyrus with mysql backend authentication, spamassassin, and
7 clamav. Cyrus does mailbox acls and bbs style folders well, uses
8 server-side filtering (sieve), single instance storage, and handles an
9 insane load well.
10
11 My gentoo install script for it is at:
12
13 http://badpenguins.com/source/gentoo_create_virtmail/
14
15 It might be a little dated, test first or use for reference only :)
16
17 I also have an overlay in there to build cyrus imap with the account
18 autocreation patches - add the user to the mysql database, the first email
19 that comes in for that address will autocreate the mailbox, quotas,
20 folders, etc...
23 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list