From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <support@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] configure spamassassin
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 06:42:23
1 Ok, after almost pulling every last piece of my hair out I think I have
2 found out why I can't configure spamassassin.
3
4 Well I can configure spamassassin, and no matter what it does,
5 qmail-scanner is responsible for what I see and can't get rid of. I
6 looked in the qmail-scanner-queue.pl file and found the following
7
8 $
9 while (<SA>) {
10 if ($spamc_options =~ /\-c/) {
11 ($sa_score,$sa_max)=split(/\//,$_,2);
12 $sa_max=~s/\n//g;
13 }
14 #X-Spam-Status: No, hits=2.8 required=5.0
15 if (/^X-Spam-Status: (Yes|No), hits=(.*) required=(.*)/) {
16 $sa_status=1 if ($1 eq "Yes");
17 $sa_score=$2;$sa_max=$3;
18 }
19 print SOUT;
20 }
23 Now I know why I can only get the following header to show up
24
25 X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=7.3 required=5.0
26
27 Is this a Gentoo specific problem? Or a generic one with qmail-scanner.
28 I will research this more when I have time, but for now at least I know
29 what the problem is.
32 Now how to go about fixing it. I am a Java, C++, and C guy. Very little
33 perl. I guess I could hack it to work, but would prefer a proper
34 solution.
35
36 Very open to any thoughts, ideas, attempts to address the perl code.
37 Etc.
40 Sincerely,
41 William L. Thomson Jr.
42 Support Group