From: Ronan Mullally <ronan@××××××.ie>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Binary packages without development files
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:03:52
1 On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Daniel wrote:
2
3 > In the FEATURES on /etc/make.conf there are options for noman,
4 > noinfo,nodoc so I you bug the wonderful portage people they may see you
5 > point and impliement a nostaticlibs option there too. Maybe a noincludes
6 > would be useful too.
7
8 Excellent idea - I like to strip things as close to the bone as possible
9 when doing server builds - include files and libraries are typically the
10 first thing to go - before man pages, docs or info.
13 -Ronan
14
16 This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
17 For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email