From: Karl Zander <gentoolist@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Intrusion Detection
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:48:46
1 The Gentoo Security Guide seems to recommend AIDE (Advanced Intrusion
2 Detection Environment) . And I would like to run that. But given that
3 files in /bin, /sbin or /etc or other important places that AIDE may be
4 monitoring can change when running emerge, how management intensive is it
5 to run AIDE or any other intrusion detection?
6
7 I think I read that AIDE was running on the Gentoo rsync server that was
8 comprised so running it does seem like good practice. Just trying to get
9 a handle on what management tasks I will need to think about to make AIDE
10 most useful.
11
12 -Karl