To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] gluelog ebuild?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 09:24:58
1 On Thursday 05 May 2005 09:14, Casey Allen Shobe - SeattleServer Mailing Lists
2 wrote:
3 > So, I typed in "emerge gluelog" and realized quickly that this package is
4 > not maintained and should probably be masked, as it creates /etc/rc.d, and
5 > puts init scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d, which does not exist on a modern
6 > Gentoo system.
7
8 Well actually, it works fine, if you just add /etc/rc.d to INSTALL_MASK and
9 manually link /var/lib/supervise/services/* into /service.
10
11 Unfortunately, this just means that all my logs are consolidated into one
12 (in /var/log/syslog.d/current). Is there a way with the gluelog/multilog
13 combo to split up the messages into different files like metalog?
14
15 Cheers,
16 --
17 Casey Allen Shobe | SeattleServer, Inc.
18 cshobe@×××××××××××××.com | cell 425-443-4653
19 http://www.seattleserver.com
20 --
21 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list