From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] status update
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:56:13
1 On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 02:15:54AM +0930 or thereabouts, stephen white wrote:
2 > I wouldn't rule out DHCP, as it's possible to run a private DHCP server
3 > on the gold server for building machines. If there's no other DHCP
4 > server on the network, no worries... and if there is, the private one
5 > can co-exist.
6
7 The reason we've ruled out DHCP so far is because not all networks run DHCP
8 or want to run DHCP. If there's another way to do the same thing (such as
9 zeroconf which doesn't require a master server of any type) then that might
10 be a better solution.
11
12 --kurt