From: Biru Ionut <biru.ionut@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] excute remote emerge
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:51:14
1 you can install app-misc/screen . To use screen type screen and then
2 emerge -e system . After that press ctrl+a+d . to restore screen -r
5 Regards
6
7 widyachacra wrote:
8 > Dear all,
9 >
10 > i'm using a dialup connection to connect to my office gentoo servers
11 > via ssh sessions. now i need to excute an emerge(#emerge -e system)
12 > system command via a ssh session, but i can't stay online always with
13 > my dialup connection. so i need to excute the command to background
14 > process(when i close my current ssh session emerge process will also
15 > stoped). so how do i do it?
16 >
17 > Q: how do i excute an emerge process to the background process(this
18 > shoud not terminated when i stoped the remote ssh session)?
21 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list