From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] buzilla - upgrade 2.22 -> 2.22.1
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 02:03:34
1 > The NS means that the new version will be installed side-by-side with
2 > the old version of bugzilla that you had. The old one will not be
3 > removed. As for configuration, this I do not know.
4
5 Actually want you mentioned is exactly what I needed to know. The bugzilla docs show a couple
6 ways to upgrade a minor release (i.e. patchs or installing a new tarball). I wasn't sure the
7 method used by portage.
8
9 Normally, on my home system I would forge ahead and get it running over time after figuring it
10 out. But, in this case I am planning an upgrade to a live production system. I don't want to
11 bring the server down for more than a couple of hours.
12
13 Thanks for the reply!
14
15 Regards,