From: "Sancho2k.net Lists" <lists@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] MySQL-4.1 and <- Max
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 04:54:35
1 MySQL 4.1 release recently went from gamma status to stable - hooray!
2
3 We're hoping to leverage 4.1 in a new project and would be very anxious
4 to get ahold of a stable, supported ebuild. I've seen a few submissions
5 on bugs.gentoo.org, and it looks like a 4.1.3 ebuild is available and
6 proclaimed "stable", but of course not yet imported into Portage and not
7 tested in the least (officially, anyway.)
8
9 I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on when we might see a
10 4.1.x ebuild in Portage for MySQL.
11
12 Another thing - MySQL's new cluster'd server technology (appropriately
13 named MySQL Cluster) is available in the MySQL Max distribution. (For
14 those who don't know, Max is basically the same thing as the standard
15 MySQL server package, along with some not-quite-ready for common use
16 functionality like the BDB table handler and such.) Now, MySQL-4.1.7 is
17 available and the Max release has the Cluster components packaged in;
18 has anything like the Max thing ever been available in Portage? It looks
19 like the mysql ebuild is simply the standard Server package. Having a
20 Max package would be nice in order to get ahold of the MySQL Cluster
21 components.
22
23 Anyway, just wondering status and hoping for discussion.
24
25 (BTW: the MySQL Max version is not the same as the MaxDB, which is their
26 SAP offering.)
27
28 DS