From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Central Authentication
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:17:56
1 On Thursday 14 September 2006 09:36, José González Gómez wrote:
2 > A bit outdated, but I think still valid... please, if you use it tell me
3 > about. I have some comments from other readers to improve it, I hope I have
4 > some time to do it in the near future.
5
6 2 things I've come across so far.
7 The stable version of pam_krb5 is from a seemingly dead project, and depends
8 explicitally against mit-krb5. The unstable pam_krb5-2.2.6 is from fedora and
9 depends on virtual/krb5.
10 Circular dependancies are a pain. OpenLDAP needs to be compiled without
11 kerberos or sasl, then when heimdal and cyrus-sasl are done recompiled with
12 kerberos and sasl. I did
13 # USE="-sasl -kerberos" emerge blah blah blah
14 then
15 # emerge cyrus-sasl openldap
16
17 (I haven't got to using it yet)