From: "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql-4.1
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 06:35:44
1 Running it now - up to the revdep-rebuild stage and no problems. On an
2 existing mysql installation, the emerge stops with a message and points
3 you to an upgrade guide
4 ("http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/mysql-upgrading.xml"). There is a
5 paragraph (with warnings) at the bottom for a faster method. Iam using
6 the implied "its safer" way!
7
8 The slower process involves taking a copy of your existing msql
9 installation (binaries+databases), emerge -C'ing mysql, rm -rf'ing the
10 remnants, install/rebuilding deps and then restoring the DB. Count on
11 downtime!
12
13 BillK