From: Owen Ford <oford@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gentoo in corporate environments
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:23:14
1 On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 00:03 +0200, Jose Gonzalez Gomez wrote:
2 > >
3 > >Seems to me that if your smart enough to work on a *real* network then
4 > >you damn well ought to be smart enough to use a text editor.
5 > >
6 > >Must be nice being overemployed.
7 > >
8 > Come on, Owen, that wasn't the point. Sure I can use a text editor,
9 > but I think we all have better things to do with our time than using
10 > text editors.
11
12 Sorry if I'm a bit snarky here but apparently you *don't* have anything
13 better to do.
14
15 I'm not saying that it shouldn't be broken out but from what I know very
16 little of our userbase needs this function (until a gentoo-server tree
17 is deployed) so we have to tough it out for a while. We are the
18 sysadmins here and it may suck but we are expected to know this stuff.
19 Between the initscript and "man runscript" it should take no time at all
20 to prevent the unneeded daemons from running.
21 --
22 Owen Ford <oford@×××××××××.com>