From: Jean Blignaut <jean@×××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] portscanning worm?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:39:38
1 I have had similar challenges with the system last year like trying to
2 up grade curl after serious security issues have also given up on the
3 system basically - but there are some big/important put very patched-up
4 legacy webapps custom developed for clients that have stayed behind on
5 the box after we moved the bulk of our clients onto a new Gentoo box -
6 one of the websites is eventmanagement enquiry/booking/search site with
7 a mysql db and perl cgi backend written in the 90's (and badly so I
8 might add - whole tables are quiried without where clauses and then
9 processed in perl!!!)
10
11 -----Original Message-----
12 From: kashani [mailto:kashani-list@××××××××.net]
13 Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 9:00 PM
14 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
15 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] portscanning worm?
16
17 Andrew Kesterson wrote:
18 > Sure! See that RJ-45 jack going into the back of it? Unplug that.
19 :-D
20 >
21 > Seriously though, RH 7 is only, what, 4 or 5 years old? It
22 shouldn't
23 > be that hard to do, as far as this is concerned. Most things that
24 could
25 > be done on a current gentoo box could still be done on that older RH7
26 > box, even if it does take a little tweaking.
27
28 Supporting 7.3 a gigantic pain in the ass... for web services at least.
29 php 4.1.x IIRC. Trying to get 4.3 with xml/sablotron was brutal. We gave
30
31 up updating last year and forced an upgrade to ES 4.0 on the devs.
32
33 kashani
36 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
40 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list