From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] boot from san with multipath support
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:12:52
1 Rene Zbinden wrote:
2 > We have a HDS 9980 System and I have heard of HDML. Somebody already
3 > tested that.
4 > And what is the best way to install on a san disk? any pitfalls? Is it
5 > difficult to boot from a SAN disk?
6
7 We (where I work) have an HDS 9980 system as well and haven't been
8 having any luck finding reliable drivers for linux with multipath
9 support. Have any of you gotten that to work or point me to the right
10 direction?
11
12 > Witschel, Matthias, Infraserv-Hoechst/DE wrote:
13 >
14 >> I know that the QLogic HBAs have built-in Multipathing support with
15 >> enabled drivers (these should be availible from IBM or QLogic). This
16 >> would prevent you from configuring Multipathing on OS level, thus
17 >> making everything a bit easier. This I would recommend.
18 >>
19 >> Im using QLogic HBAs with HP BL and DL Servers and they work fine
20 >> under linux. With IBM HBAs I have no experience. They might work as
21 >> well or even better.
24 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
25 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
26
27 ---
28 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
29 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
30
31 ramereth/irc.freenode.net