From: "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Pre-GLEP: Speed up Portage updates with static baseline tree and updates overlays
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 23:29:43
1 On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 18:27 -0400, Mike Kelly wrote:
2 > On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 14:57:16 -0700
3 > "Vladimir G. Ivanovic" <vgivanovic@×××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 > > I run this script every hour:
6 > >
7 > > #!/bin/sh
8 > > glsa-check -f new 2>/dev/null
9 > > [[ $? -eq 0 ]] || echo "glsa-check: error"
10 > >
11 > > Does this not do what you're looking for?
12 >
13 > glsa-check draws its information from your local portage tree, so
14 > unless you are syncing hourly, too, it won't do you any good.
15
16 No, I'm not syncing portage every hour. Thanks for the info.
20 > On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:30:57 -0400