From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] PAM log entry
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:26:49
1 At 2004-11-11T11:38:09-0500, Joey McCoy <ixion@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > > I've started seeing this repeatedly in my log/messages:
3 > >
4 > > PAM pam_putenv: delete non-existent entry; XAUTHORITY
5 > >
6 > > Anyone know what this means?
7 >
8 > I just updated pam yesterday and noticed this log entry as well on my
9 > web server. Does your server not have X installed as well? I think
10 > maybe that could be a correlation.
11
12 I don't think so. My workstation has X installed, and I've been seeing
13 that message for the last day or so.
16 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
17 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
18 --Ghost in the Shell