From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] RAID5 vs. RAID0+1
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:15:15
1 > > Also, I notice when building new kernels that there are no kernel modules
2 > > for RAID10. I haven't yet tested this myself (although I have (4) 300GB on
3 > > hand to start testing in the next few weeks), but would this create a
4 > > problem when trying to create/mount a RAID10 meta device?
5 >
6 > You'll need the kernel driver regardless.
7 > What kernel? I was using RAID10 way back on 2.6.11.10 as a standard part of
8 > the kernel, I even found a bug which was fixed by a nice man from Suse within
9 > 2 days (kernel.org bug#5181, hdf is the one which has properly failed now, I
10 > never did replace any after that bug).
11
12 Your are correct, RAID10 was a kernel option. I don't know why I missed it before? Thanks for
13 straitening me out.
14
15 Regards,
16