From: "Covington
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] compaq raid "cpqarray" not detected; trying to install 1.4
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:03:44
1 Andy,
2
3 I was able to install Red Hat without any issues, believe it or not.
4 You're probably thinking of setting up the RAID array, which I did have
5 to do with the SmartStart disk. This 1600 with the latest BIOS is at
6 least up to most modern BIOS boot specs, etc. So I will look around in
7 the forums.
8
9 But I imagine this problem would exist with even the latest DL380s with
10 the Integrated smart array? Same driver afterall.
11
12 thanks
13 Chris
14
15 -----Original Message-----
16 From: Andrew Fant [mailto:andrew.fant@×××××.edu]
17 Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 11:43 AM
18 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
19 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] compaq raid "cpqarray" not detected; trying
20 to install 1.4
21
22 IIRC, those old proliants required you to boot off from their services
23 cd
24 before starting the install. I know that getting Linux on them was a
25 PITA
26 and I switched to less anal vendors after the second system I had to
27 install. That was a few years back though, so my memory could be
28 playing
29 tricks on me.
30
31 Andy
34 --On Thursday, February 19, 2004 11:37:47 -0500 Kurt Lieber